Dear EMSS members,
We had just finished our AGM on the 29th March with election of the ex-co as noted below:
I would like to take the opportunity to thank the members who have turned up for the AGM and for their laudable dedication and enthusiasm throughout the AGM.
This past year has been highly eventful. Let me do a quick recap of what had transpired from March 2016 to the current day:
1) We had taken on our secretariat – Globewerks International – in July 2016, which has helped greatly to expedite day-to-day managing of the society as well as expanded our capability to take on new tasks.
2) The EMSS logo has undergone a slight change to the present one.
3) The EMSS website has undergone a face-lift and now includes features such as events, galleries and also a function for application and payment of membership. You can access the website at www.emss.org.sg.
4) We have held 3 CME/get-together events so far:
5) We successfully organised a public forum on 18th Fen 2017 – “ Let’s talk about…hormones” – where there was a turn-out of 169 people. This was held at the Pod at the National Library of Singapore.
6) We had successful collaborations with different societies in various regional meetings held in Singapore including –IOF regionals, Obesity and Metabolic Society Scientific Meeting, etc.
7) A bid has been made for the International Congress of Endocrinology for 2022- we are awaiting the results for that.
8) 3 research grants of $30,000 each have been announced and the grant applications that have been received are currently undergoing review.
9) We proposed updates to the constitution which was passed in the AGM on the 29th March and these updates will be sent to the Registry of Societies. Once that is confirmed, the updated constitution will be sent to the members.
We have our work cut out for us for the next 1 year. The 7th EMSS-Mayo advanced course in Endocrinology is set on the 1st to 4th of February 2018. Preparations are underway for the programme and we will have a 1-day imaging and endocrinology course on the 1st with the last 3 days being the course proper itself. In the meantime, we shall be continuing on with our 2 to 3 monthly CME activity and get-together.
My ex-co and I look forward to welcoming all of you to all the coming events and to serving you for the next year.
MBBS (S’pore), MRCP (UK), MMed (Int Med)(S’pore), FAMS (Endocrinology)
More ammunition for Singapore’s fight against diabetes | TODAYonline todayonline.com/singapore/less…
Periodontitis (chronic inflammation of gum and underlying teeth bone) could be an early sign of diabetes mellitus. goo.gl/oagNtg
How much fruits and vegetables should you eat to prevent diseases? New research says 10 portions a day. academic.oup.com/ije/article/do…
EMSS CME Members Night Talk by Prof Wang Kuo Weng-"Primary Aldosteronism:Back to the future..or the Past?"
Date: 9… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
Endocrinology and Metabolic Society of Singapore (EMSS) is the de facto, national-level, independent, and non-profit group representing and supporting the educators, clinical practitioners and scientists involved in Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine
© 2016 Endocrine and Metabolic Society of Singapore